Main Article Content
In this literature, scattering from a large Isosceles Right Triangle Groove (IRTG) in a perfect electric plane (PEC) is studied. An efficient Mode-Matching manner involving physical optics approximation is applied to a large IRTG. Considering two synthetic PEC walls over the groove, the tangential fields inside and outside of the groove are expanded as the sums of infinite harmonics modes. By applying the boundary conditions, the modes are matched on IRTG and a linear system of equations based on series coefficients is constructed. Since matrix elements are computed analytically, finding the inverse an N×N matrix is the most time-consuming operation in this manner. The obtained results are verified by two full numerical techniques MoM and FEM.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Alnaiemy, T. A. Elwi, N. Lajos, and T. Zwick, "A Systematic Analysis and Design of a High Gain Microstrip Antenna based on a Single EBG Layer," IEEE INFOCOMMUNICATIONS JOURNAL, volume 10, pp. 1-9, December, 2018.
- A. Elwi and Y. Alnaiemy, "Nano-Scale Vee Yagi-Uda Antenna based Nano Shell-Silver Coated Silica for Tunable Solid State Laser Applications", Diyala Journal of Engineering Sciences, volume 12, no. 1, pp: 85-93, January 2019.
- A. Elwi, "Toward Plasmonic UC-PBG Structures based SWCNTs for Optoelectronics Applications", Diyala Journal for Pure Science, volume 14, issue 1, part 1, April 2018
- Palmer, C., Diffraction Grating Handbook, Newport Corporation, Rochester, NY (2004)
- K. Barkashli and J. L. Volakis, "TE scattering by a two-dimensional groove in a ground plane using higher-order boundary conditions, "IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. AP-38, no. 10, pp. 1421-1428, Sep. 1990.
- Park, T. J., H. J. Eom, and K. Yoshitomi, "An analysis of transverse electric scattering from a rectangular channel in a conducting plane," Radio Science, Vol. 28, 663-673, 1993.
- Y. Shifman, and Y. Leviatan, "Scattering by a groove in a conducting plane a PO-MoM hybrid formulation and wavelet analysis," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 130-136, Dec. 2001
- M. A. Morgan, "Mode expansion solution for scattering by a material filled rectangular groove," Progr. Electromagn.Res., vol. PIER 18, 1998
- M. Bozorgi, A. Tavakoli, G. Monegato, S. H.H. Sadeghi, and R. Moini, "Backscattering from a Two Dimensional Rectangular Crack Using FIE," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 552-564, Feb. 2010
- Cho, Y. H., "TM plane-wave scattering from finite rectangular grooves in a conducting plane using overlapping T-block method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 54, No. 2, 746-749, 2006
- G. Bao, W. Sun, "A fast algorithm for the electromagnetic scattering from a large cavity," SIAM J. Sci. Comput., vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 553-574, 2005.
- M. A. Basha, S. K. Chaudhuri, S. Safavi-Naein "A Fourier Expansion Solution to Plane Wave Scattering from Multiple Isosceles Right Triangle Grooves in Perfect Conducting Plane," Photonic Applications in Devices and Communication Systems, Vol. 5970, Oct. 2005.
- M. A. Basha, S. K. Chaudhuri, S. Safavi-Naeini, and H. J. Eom, "Rigorous formulation for electromagnetic plane-wave scattering from a general-shaped groove in a perfectly conducting plane," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A Vol. 24, No. 6, 1647-1655, 2007.
- B. Alavikia, OM. Ramahi, "Finite-element solution of the problem of scattering from cavities in metallic screens using the surface integral equation as a boundary constraint," Journal of the Optical Society of America. Vol. 26 No. 9, 1915-1925, 2009.
- P.L. Overfelt, D.J. White, "TE and TM modes of some triangular cross-section waveguides using superposition of plane waves," IEEE Trans Microwave Theory Tech. Vol. 34, pp. 161-167, Jan. 1986.