Main Article Content
In this paper, we apply a several wavelets basis functions to the method of moments to modeling the parallel-coupled microstrip lines. The ﬁrst set of equations is for the shielded microstrip line solved with moment’s method and wavelets. The Green’s function is obtained from the theory of images. The second set are for the parallel-coupled microstrip lines operating in the TEM mode or when the analysis can be based on quasi-static approximation, the properties of coupled lines can be determined from the self- and mutual inductances and capacitances for the lines. To demonstrate the effectiveness and accuracy of the proposed technique, numerical results of even- and odd-mode characteristic impedances, coupling coefficient, percentage sparsity achieved in the impedance matrix, the CPU Time to reverse impedance matrix, and error relative for Daubechies, Coiflets, Biorthogonal and Symlets wavelets are presented. Numerical results are in good agreement with those in previous publications.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- A.M. Abbosh, Analytical closed-form solutions for different configurations of parallel-coupled microstrip lines, IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, Iss. 1, pp. 137–147, 2009.
- L. Deias , M. Lai, G. Mazzarella, Analysis of Microstrip Coupled Lines over a Perfect Magnetic Conductor, Antennas and Propagation Conference LAPC, Loughborough, , UK, pp.1-3, 2011.
- Ramesh Garg, Inder Bahl, and Maurizio Bozzi, Microstrip Lines and Slotlines, Third Edition, Artech House, Boston and London, 2013.
- Georgew. Pan, Wavelets in Electromagnetics and Device Modeling, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2003.
- E. Francomanoa, A. Tortorici, and al., Wavelet-like bases for thin-wire Integral equations in electromagnetics, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 175, pp. 77–86, 2004.
- Jaideva C. Goswami, and Andrew K. Chan, Fundamentals Wavelets Theory, Algorithms, and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2011.
- Nassima Tidjani, and al., Electromagnetic Coupling Modeling of Microstrip Lines Used in Switching Power Supplies, Journal of Control Science and Engineering, Vol.1, pp. 55-59, 2013.
- Jen-Tsai Kuo, Wei-Hsiu Hsu, and Al., Parallel Coupled Microstrip Filters with Suppression of Harmonic Response, Ieee Microwave And Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 12, NO. 10, pp. 383 – 385, 2002.
- Nejla Oueslat and Taoufik Aguili, New Implementation of the Moment Method Based on the Impedance Operator to Study the Dispersion Characteristics of Microstrip Lines, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 11, Issue 5, pp.59-67, 2014.
- Mohamed Bayjja, Mohamed Boussouis, and Naima Amar Touhami, Studying the Influence of the Number Vanishing Moments of Daubechies Wavelets for the Analysis of Microstrip Lines, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 62, pp. 57-64, 2016.
- Ikmo Park, Raj Mittra, and M. I. Aksun, Numerically Efficient Analysis of Planar Microstrip Configurations Using Closed-Form Green's Functions, IEEE Transactions On Microwave Theory And Techniques, Vol. 43, NO. 2, pp. 394- 400, 1995.
- P. Silvester, B.S., M.A.Sc, Ph.D., TEM wave properties of microstrip transmission lines, PROC. IEE, Vol. 115, No. 1, pp. 43 – 48, 1968.
- Stéphane Mallat, A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing The Sparse Way, Elsevier Inc, Newyork, Oxford, Paris, 2009.
- Mohamed Bayjja, and al., Orthogonal and Biorthogonal Compactly Supported Wavelets in Modeling the Circular Loop Antenna, International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 331-337, 2017.
- Walton C. Gibson, The Method of Moments in Electromagnetics, Second Edition, Taylor & Francis, New York, 2015.
- Wadell Brian C, Transmission line design handbook, Artech House, Boston, 1991.
- Jia-Sheng Hong, M.J. Lancaster and Al., Couplings of Microstrip Square Open-Loop Resonators, IEEE Tran. on MTT, Vol. 44, No 12, pp. 2099 – 2109, 1996.