Main Article Content
In this study, the resonant frequency of annular ring microstrip resonator with uniaxial anisotropic substrate and air gap layer is analyzed. The cavity model for simple ring microstrip antenna is extended with some modifications for the tunable geometry taking into account the anisotropy in the layer. The theoretical resonant frequency results are in very good agreement with the experimental results reported elsewhere. The air gap tuning effect on the resonant characteristics is also investigated for fundamental and higher order modes.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- L. Djouablia, I. Messoudan, and A. Benghalia, Uniaxial anisotropic substrate effect on the resonance of an equitriangular microstrip patch antenna, Progress In Electromagnetics reaserch M, vol.24, 45-56, 2012.
- I. J. Bahl, S. Stuchly, and M. A. Stuchly, A new microstrip radiator for medical applications, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 28, No. 12, Dec. 1980.
- J.-S. Row, Dual-frequency circularly polarised annular-ring microstrip antenna, Electron. Lett., Vol. 40, No. 3, Feb. 2004.
- J. Gomez-Tagle, and C. G. Christodoulou, Extended cavity model analysis of stacked microstrip ring antenna, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 45, No. 11, Nov. 1997.
- S. M. Ali, W. C. Chew, and J. A. Kong, Vector hankel transform analysis of annular-ring microstrip antenna, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, 637-644, Jul. 1982.
- Y. S. Wu, and F. J. Rosenbaum, Mode chart for microstrip ring resonators, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Jul. 1973.
- O. Barkat, and A. Benghalia, Radiation and resonant frequency of superconducting annular ring microstrip antenna on uniaxial anisotropic media, Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz, Vol. 30, No. 10, 1053-1066, Jun. 2009.
- G. S. Gurel, and E. Yazgan, Resonance in microstrip ring resonator with uniaxially anisotropic substrate and superstrate layers, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications., Vol. 4, No. 8-9, 1135-1144, 2010.
- S. G. Silva, J. R. S. Oliveira., and A. G. Dassuno, Annular ring microstrip antennas for millimeter wave applications, Int.Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves., 821-829, Apr. 2007.
- I. J. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, Microstrip Antennas, Chap. 3. Artech House, Dedham, MA, 1982.
- J. R. James, and P. S. Hall (Eds.), Handbook of Microstrip Antennas., Peter Peregrinus, London, UK, 1989.
- A. Bhattacharyya, and R. Garg, Analysis of Annular Ring Microstrip Antenna Using Cavity Model, Arch. Elek. Ubertragung 39, 185–189 1985.
- A. K. Bhattacharyya, and R. Garg, Input Impedance of Annular Ring Microstrip Antenna Using Circuit Theory Approach, IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation AP–33, 3369–374 1985.
- W. C. Chew, A Broad-Band Annular Ring Microstrip Antenna, IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation AP-30, 918-922, 1982.
- K. F. Lee, and J. S. Dahele, The two-layered annular ring microstrip antenna, Int. J. Electron., pp. 207-217, 1986.
- G. Kompa, R. Mehran,Planar Wave guide Model for Calculating Microstrip Components, Electron.Lett.,vol.11,pp.459-460, 1975.
- Y. S. Wu, Rosenbaum. Mode chart for microstripring resonators, IEEE Trans, MTT-21,pp.487-489, 1973.
- Y. Tighilt, F. Bouttout, and A. Khellaf, Modeling and Design of Printed Antennas Using Neural Networks, Int J RF and Microwave CAE 21:228–233, 2011.
- F. Bouttout, F. Benabdelaziz, A. Benghalia, D. Khedrouche, T. Fortaki, Uniaxially anisotropic substrate effects on resonance of rectangular microstrip patch antenna, Electron. Lett. 35: 255–256, 1999.
- K. F. Lee, and J. S. Dahele, Theory and experiment on the annular-ring microstrip antenna, ANN.TéLécommun 40, n °9-10, 1985.