Main Article Content
The last decades have witnessed the growing interest in the use of photonic crystal as a new material that can be used to control electromagnetic wave. Actually, not only the periodic structures but also the quasi-periodic systems have become significant structures of photonic crystals. This work deals with optical properties of dielectric Thue-Morse multilayer and Period-Doubling multilayer. We use the so-called Transfer Matrix Method (TMM) to determine the transmission spectra of the structures. Based on the representation of the transmittance spectra in the visible range a comparative analysis depending on the iteration number, number of layers and incidence angle is presented.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- K. Busch, Photonic band structure theory: assessment and perspectives, Comptes Rendus Physique, Vol 3, Issue 1, pp 53–66, 2002.
- B. Suthar, A. Bhargav, Tunable multi-channel filtring using 1-D photonic quantium well structure, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 27, pp 43-51, 2011.
- E. Yablonovitch, Photonic Ban-Gap structure, J. Opt. Society, Vol 10, 1993.
- A. Bahabad, R. Lifshitz, N. Voloch, A. Arie, Nonlinear photonic quasicrystals for novel optical devices, Phil. Mag. Vol 88, pp 2285-2293, 2008.
- E. Macia, Exploiting aperiodic designs in nanophotonic devices, Rep. Prog. Phys. Vol 75, Issue 3, pp. 036502, 2012.
- E. Macia, The role of aperiodic order in science and technology, Rep. Prog. Phys., Vol 69, pp 397–441, 2006.
- K. Buscha., G. von Freymannb, S. Lindenb, S.F. Mingaleeva,c, L. Tkeshelashvilia, M. Wegenerd, Periodic nanostructures for photonics, Physics Reports, Vol 444, pp 101–202, 2007.
- E. Ozbay, I. Bulu, K. Aydin, H. Caglayan, K. Guven, Physics and applications of photonic crystals, Photonics and Nanostructures – Fundamentals and Applications, Vol 2, pp 87–95, 2004.
- L. Kroon, R. Riklund, Renormalization of aperiodic model lattices: spectral properties, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen., Vol 36, pp 4519–4532, 2003.
- A.N. Poddubny, E. L. Ivchenko, Photonic quasicrystalline and aperiodic structures, Physica E, Vol 42, pp 1871–1895, 2010.
- G. Zhang, X.Yang, Y. Li, H. Song, Optical transmission through multi-component generalized Thue–Morse superlattices, Physica B, Vol 405, pp 3605–3610, 2010.
- X. Wang, U. Grimm, M. Schreiber, Trace and antitrace maps for aperiodic sequences: Extensions and applications, Vol 62, Num 21, pp 14 020-14 031, 2000.
- V. Agarwal, Miguel E. Mora-Ramos, B. Alvarado-Tenorio, Optical properties of multilayered Period-Doubling and Rudin-Shapiro porous silicon dielectric heterostructures, Photonics and Nanostructures – Fundamentals and Applications, Vol 7, pp 63-68, 2009.
- K. Ben Abdelaziz, J. Zaghdoudi, M. Kanzari, B. Rezig, A broad omnidirectional reflection band obtained from deformed Fibonacci quasi-periodic one dimentional photonic crystals, J. Opt A : Pure Appl. Opt., Vol 7, pp 544-549, 2005.