Main Article Content
A novel feeding structure in magneto-electric dipole antenna is proposed and analyzed, which is simpler and better in performance than previous designs, involving differential feeding. Due to this improved feeding structure, the antenna has achieved an impedance bandwidth of 133.3% ( 0.5 GHz – 2.5 GHz, resulting into an ultra-wide band antenna. The maximum broadside gain 7.5dBi with unidirectional radiation pattern has also been reported for the entire the range of operation. Symmetry in E-plane and H-plane radiation patterns has been observed due to the symmetry in structure and excitation of antenna. The antenna has also been able to achieve cross polarization levels.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- S. W. Liao, Q. Xue, and J. H. Xu, "Parallel Plate Transmission Line and L- Plate Feeding Differentially- Driven H –Slot Patch Antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 11, 2012, pp.640-644.
- C. H. Chin, Q. Xue and H. Wong, "Broadband Patch Antenna with a Folded Plate Pair as a Differential Feeding Scheme," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, AP-55, 9 September 2007, pp. 2461-2467.
- Y.P. Zhang, "Design and Experiment on Differentially Driven Microstrip Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, AP-55, 10, October 2007, pp.2701-2708.
- Y.P. Zhang and J.J.Wang, "Theory and Analysis of Differentially Driven Microstrip Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, AP-54, 4, April 2006, pp. 1092-1099.
- Q. Xue, and X.Y. Zhang and C. H. K. Chin, "A Novel Differentially Fed Patch Antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters,5, 2006, pp.471-473.
- Bi Qun Wu and Kwai-Man Luk, "A Broadband Dual -Polarized Magneto-Electric Dipole Antenna with Simple Feeds," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol.8, pp.60-63, Apr.2009.
- Lei Ge and Kwai-Man Luk, "A Wideband Magneto-Electric Dipole Antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol.60, pp.4987-4991, Nov.2012.
- K. M. Luk and H. Wong, A Complimentary Wideband Antenna, US Patent No. US7843389B2, November 30, 2010.
- Z. N. Chen, K. M. Luk, Antennas for Base Stations in Wireless Communications, New York, McGraw- Hill, 2009, pp. 219-237.
- M.J. Li and K. M. Luk, "A Differentially- Fed Magneto- Electric Dipole Antenna for UWB Applications," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, Melbourne, December, 2011, pp.1953-1956.
- M.J. Li and K. M. Luk, "A Differentially- Fed Magneto- Electric Dipole Antenna for UWB Applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol.61, No.1, pp.92-99, Jan.2013.
- S. W. Liao, Q. Xue, and J. H. Xu, "Differentially Fed Magneto-Electric Dipole Antenna with a Simple Structure," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol.55, No.5, pp.74-84, October 2013.