Main Article Content
An original approach is proposed in order to achieve the fitting of ultra-wideband complex frequency functions, such as the complex impedances, by using the so-called ACO (Ant Colony Optimization) methods. First, we present the optimization principle of ACO, which originally was dedicated to the combinatorial problems. Further on, the extension to the continuous and mixed problems is explained in more details. The interest in this approach is proved by its ability to define practical constraints and objectives, such as minimizing the number of filters used in the model with respect to a fixed relative error. Finally, the establishment of the model for the first and second order filter types illustrates the power of the method and its interest for the time-domain electromagnetic computation.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- S.S. Rao, "Engineering Optimization: Theory and Practive third Edition," A Wiley Interscience Publication, J. Wiley and Son, Inc. 1996.
- D.E. Goldberg, "Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning," Addison-Wesley. J. Holland, "Adaptation of the natural and artificial systems", Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- K.A. De Jong and al, "Generation gap revisited. Fundation of genetic algorithms 2," edited by L.D. Whitley, pp 19-28. Morgan Kaufmann, 1993.
- R. Azencott, "Simulated Annealing: Parallelization Techniques," John Wiley and Son, 1992.
- J. Kennedy and Al., "Particle swarm optimization," Proc IEEE In'I. Confon Neural Networks, tome IV, pp 1942-1948, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Service Center, 1995.
- M. Dorigo, T. Stuzle, "Ant Colony Optimization", A Bradford Book, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, England, 2004.
- M. Dorigo, "Optimization, Learning and Natural algorithms", PhD Thesis, Dipartimento di Elettronica Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- M. Dorigo, L.M. Gambardella, "Ant Colonies for the Traveling Salesman Problem," Biosystems, tome 43, pp 73-81, 1997.
- M. Dorigo, G. Di Caro, L.M. Gambardella, "Ant Algorithm for discrete optimization," Artificial life, 5, (2), pp: 137-172.
- K. Socha and M. Dorigo, "Ant colony optimization for continuous domains," European Journal of Oprational Research, 185(2008), pp1155-1173.
- K. Socha, "ACO for Continuous and Mixed-Variable Optimization. In Ant Colony Optimization and Swarm Intelligence," M.Dorigo, M. Biratttari, C. Blum, L.M. Gambardella, F. Mondada, T. Stutzle, Eds; 4th Workshop ANTS2004 Bressels, Belgium, September 2004, Proceedings, vol 3172 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp25-36, Springer: Berlin-Heigelberg, 2004.
- K. Socha, M. Dorigo, "Ant Colony Optimization for continuous Domains," European Journal of Operational Research 185 (2008), pp: 1155-1173.
- K. Socha, "Ant Colony Optimization for Continuous an Mixed-Variable Domains," Thesis of the Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium.
- M. Bjorn Gustavsen, L.F. Adam Semlyen, " Rational Approximation of frequency time domain responses by Vector Fitting", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol 14, N°3, July 1999, pp1052-1061.
- M. C. O Jansson, S. P. O Ljung, M. G. Bäckström, B.I. Wahlgren, "Efficient implementation of a submodel for composite materials to be combined with the FDTD-algorithm," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 3188–3191, Sep. 1994.