Main Article Content
In this paper the elliptical dielectric cylinder which is covered with FSS cloak is considered. Frequency selective surface cloak which Alu named it mantle cloak is one of the recent techniques for cloaking. In this method an appropriate FSS can act as cloaking device for suppressing the scattering of object in the desired frequency. With using this method the dimension of the cloaks is extremely reduced. By this proposed structure, the RCS of elliptical cylinder is reduced about 10-20 dB and designed cloak has an appropriate performance. The analytical solution for the wave in each layer is presented and with using simulation, the electric field and the scattering pattern has been drawn.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- B. Zhang, H. Chen, and B.-I. Wu,”Practical Limitations of An Invisibility Cloak”, Progress In Electromagnetic Research,407-416,(2009).
- Q. Cheng, W. X. Jiang, and T.-J. Cui,” Investigations of The Electromagnetic Properties of Three-Dimentinal Arbitrarily-Shaped Cloaks”, Progress In Electromagnetic Research,105-117,(2009).
- X. Chen,” Implicit Boundary Conditions in Transformation-Optics Cloaking for Electromagneticwaves”Progress In Electromagnetic Research,521-534,(2011).
- C. F. Yang, M. Huang, J. J. Yang, and Z. Xiao, "An External Cloak With Arbitrary Cross Section Based On Complementary Medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 10, 1324, (2009).
- B. Zhang, H. Chen, and B.-I. Wu,” Practical Limitations of An Invisibility Cloak”,Progress In Electromagnetic Research,407-416, (2009).
- Q. Cheng, W. X. Jiang, and T.-J. Cui,” Investigations of The Electromagnetic Properties of Three-Dimentinal Arbitrarily-Shaped Cloaks”, Progress In Electromagnetic Research,105-117, (2009).
- X. Chen,” Implicit Boundary Conditions in Transformation-Optics Cloaking for Electromagneticwaves” Progress In Electromagnetic Research, 521-534, (2011).
- K. Agarwal, X. Chen, L. Hu, H. Liu, and G. Uhlmann,” Polarization-Invariant Directional Cloaking by Transformation Optics”, Progress In Electromagnetic Research, 415-423, (2011).
- S. Y. Lai, H.Chen, Zhao-Qing Zhang, and C. T. Chan, "Complementary Media Invisibility Cloak that Cloaks Objects at a Distance Outside the Cloaking" physical review letters,102, 093901, (2009).
- Andrea Alù, “Mantle cloak: Invisibility induced by a surface”, physical review B 80, 245115, (2009).
- Pai-Yen Chen and Andrea Alu, “Mantle cloaking using thin patterned metasurfaces”, physical review B 84, 205110, (2011).
- Pai-Yen Chen and Andrea Alu, “Atomically Thin Surface Cloak Using Graphene”, ACSnano, 5855-5863, (2011).
- E. Cojocaru, “Elliptic Cylindrical Invisibility Cloak, a Semianalytical Approach Using Mathieu Functions”, physics, (2008).
- S.Caorsi, M.Pastorino and M.Raffetto,” Scattering by a conducting elliptic cylinder with a multilayer dielectric coating”, Radio Science, p-p 2155-2166, November-December, (1998).
- Salvatore Caorsi, Matteo Pastorino and Mirco Raffetto,” Electromagnetic Scattering by a Multilayer Elliptic Cylinder Under Transverse-Magnetic Illumination: Series Solution in Terms of Mathieu Functions”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ANTENNAS AND PROPAGATION, VOL. 45, NO. 6, JUNE (1997).
- Jc Soric, P.Y. Chen, A. Kerkhoff, D. Rainwater, K. Melin and Alu, Demonstration of ultralow profile cloak for scattering suppression of a finite-length rod in free space”, New journal of Physics, volum 15, March (2013).