Main Article Content
Electromagnetic (EM) methods have been extensively used in geophysical investigations such as mineral and hydrocarbon exploration as well as in geological mapping and structural studies. In this paper, we developed an inversion methodology for Electromagnetic data to determine physical parameters of a set of horizontal layers. We conducted Forward model using transmission line method. In the inversion part, we solved multi parameter optimization problem where, the parameters are conductivity, dielectric constant, and permeability of each layer. The optimization problem was solved by simulated annealing approach. The inversion methodology was tested using a set of models representing common geological formations.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Robert E.Collin, "Foundations for microwave engineering", 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, USA, 2001.
- W.M. Telford, L.P. Geldart, and R.E. Sheriff, "Applied Geophysics", 2nd ed., Cambridge university press, USA, 1990.
- John Milson, "Field Geophysics", 3rd ed., John Wiely & Sons, England, 2003.
- E.M.T. Hendrix and B. G.-Tóth, "Introduction to Nonlinear and Global Optimization", Springer, 2010.
- T. Weise, "Global Optimization Algorithms—Theory and Application", it-weise.de (self-published), 2009.
- J. Dréo, A. Pétrowski, P. Siarry, E. Taillard, " Metaheuristics for Hard Optimization Methods and Case Studies", Springer, 2006.
- L. Liberti and N. Maculan, "Global Optimization—From Theory to Implementation", Springer, 2006.
- C. M. Tan, "Simulated Annealing", In-Tech, 2008.
- R. Chibante, "Simulated Annealing: Theory with Applications", Sciyo, 2010.