Main Article Content
A methodology is introduced for designing wideband, compact and ultra-thin high impedance surfaces (HIS). A parametric study is carried out to examine the effect of the periodicity on the electromagnetic properties of an HIS. This approach allows designers to reach the best trade-off for HIS performances.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- P. S. Kildal, A. A. Kishk, and S. Maci, Special Issue on Artificial Magnetic Conductors, Soft/Hard Surfaces, and Other Complex Surfaces, Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol.53, no.1, pp. 2- 7, Jan. 2005.
- D. Sievenpiper, L. Zhang, R. F. J. Broas, N. G. Alexopolous, and E. Yablonovitch, High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces with a forbidden frequency band, Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on, vol.47, no.11, pp.2059-2074, Nov 1999.
- D. J. Kern, M. J. Wilhelm, D. H. Werner, and P. L. Werner, A novel design technique for ultra-thin tunable EBG AMC surfaces, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2004. IEEE, vol.2, pp. 1167- 1170 Vol.2, 20-25 June 2004.
- F. Yang and Y. Rahmat-Samii, Reflection phase characterizations of the EBG ground plane for low profile wire antenna applications, Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol.51, no.10, pp. 2691- 2703, Oct. 2003.
- F. Linot, R. Cousin, X. Begaud, and M. Soiron, Design and measurement of high impedance surface, Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2010 Proceedings of the Fourth European Conference on, Barcelona, 12-16 April 2010.
- E.O. Hammerstad, Equations for microstrip circuit design, Proc. European Microwave Conf., pp. 268-272, September 1975.