Main Article Content
This paper presents a rigorous full-wave analysis of a high Tc superconducting rectangular microstrip antenna with a rectangular aperture in the ground plane. To include the effect of the superconductivity of the microstrip patch in the full-wave analysis, a complex surface impedance is considered. The proposed approach is validated by comparing the computed results with previously published data. Results showing the effect of the aperture on the resonance of the superconducting microstrip antenna are given.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- S. Benkouda, T. Fortaki, Resonance of rectangular microstrip patch over ground plane with rectangular aperture in the presence of high-permittivity dielectric layer below the aperture, Proc. PIERS11, Marrakech, Morocco, pp. 239−241, 2011.
- V. Losada, R.R. Boix, M. Horno, Resonance modes of circular microstrip patches over ground planes with circular apertures in multilayered substrates containing anisotropic and ferrite materials, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 48: 1756−1762, 2000.
- T. Fortaki, A. Benghalia, Rigorous Full-wave analysis of rectangular microstrip patches over ground planes with rectangular apertures in multilayered substrates that contain isotropic and uniaxial anisotropic materials, Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett. 41: 496−500, 2004.
- T. Uwaro, T. Itoh, Numerical techniques for microwave and millimeter-wave passive structures, Wiley, New York, pp.334-380, 1989.
- M.A. Richard, K.B. Bhasin, P.C. Claspy, Superconducting microstrip antennas: an experimental comparison of two feeding methods, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat. 41: 967−974, 1993.
- S. C. Silva, A. G. d'Assuncao, J. R. S. Oliveira, Analysis of high Tc superconducting microstrip antenna and arrays, Proc. SBMO/IEEE MTT Symposium, pp. 243−246, 1999.